Cadet Khaki Utility Uniform / Class “C”
Each cadet at the time of enrollment is issued one Cadet Utility Uniform (CUU) blouse (shirt), pants, black boots, and tan or black riggers belt at no charge. CUUs must be returned at the end of each school year or when a cadet exits LMA. Uniforms are reissued before the first day of the new school year.
The cover (hat) baseball style cap is a one-time issue. Replacement covers can be purchased from the school office for $10.00 at the end of the academic day. Cadets will then take the receipt to the Military Department to pick up a new cap.
Caps and black boots are to be worn as part of the CUU, and Class “B” uniforms.
Covers are not to be worn inside classrooms or the school office.
Cadets assigned to Physical Education (PE) will be issued California Cadet Corps PE Gear provided their size is in stock (Quantities Limited.)
In addition to the uniform items listed above, the following items are also required as part of the daily uniform and must be supplied by the parent/guardian:
- Black t-shirt (3-5 recommended)
- Shoe Shine Kit with black polish
- Boot Blouses (bands), rubber bands or hair ties
- PE uniform (plain red t-shirt and black shorts if enrolled in PE)
Cadet Utility Uniform (CUU) Requirements:
- The uniform is not to be worn at any time for personal civil events.
- Civilian attire is not to be worn with the CUU, this includes civilian hats, hooded sweat shirts or any other item not prescribed for wear with the uniform.
- The uniform will be worn correctly at all times, including to and from school.
- If the CUU is lost or damaged the Cadet is required to see the Military Department for replacement or school office to pay for the item(s).
- The uniform should be washed and pressed on a regular basis.
- Cadets are required to maintain a neat appearance at all times.
- The blouse will be worn outside the trousers, and the trousers are worn with a belt at all times. “SAGGING” will not be tolerated at any time.
- Cadets are required to wear a solid black t-shirt or black long sleeve cotton thermal shirt with the uniform. The shirt is to be tucked into the trousers at all times.
- Boots are laced diagonally (left over right) with black laces. Cadets are required to wear black socks for sanitation purposes. Trousers will be bloused by using commercial blousing devices, “boot bands”, “rubber bands” or “hair ties” boot laces will be tucked in at all times.
- All pockets will be worn closed or buttoned at all times.
Class “B” Uniform
This is LMA/CACC dress uniform. Each cadet will be issued a pair of black slacks, tan short sleeve shirt, and black belt with brass buckle.
Cadet are required to furnish the remaining items for the Class “B” Uniform:
- White crew neck t-shirt
- Black socks
- Must turn in to dry cleaners. (Do not wash and dry uniform shirt and pants.)
Cadet Business Attire (CBA)
Each cadet will be issued a pair of black boots, black slacks and black belt with brass tip. Cadet are required to furnish the remaining items for the Cadet Business Attire (CBA):
- Red polo shirt (plain)
- Black crew neck t-shirt (1-2 recommended)
- Black socks
Black slacks, black belt with gold brass, baseball style cap, and black boots are inter-changeable with LMA/CACC uniforms.
Uniform “Free” Dress
In addition to LMA/CACC uniform for the day, the LMA Commandant may designate “free” dress days. The following guidelines shall be enforced and shall apply to all on campus and extracurricular activities:
- Clothing, hats, and jewelry shall be free of writing, pictures, or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane, sexually suggestive, or which advocate violence, racial slurs, sexism, religious prejudice, or the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Clothing shall be modest in nature not revealing any undergarment. Females shall not wear tube tops, off-the-shoulder tops, or tops that do not extend to the waist with arms at the position of attention. Males shall not wear any sleeveless or tank- tops and trousers or shorts shall be secured at the waist and not sagged.
- Hats are never to be worn inside a building or classroom. This includes the hood of hooded sweatshirts.